E.A. Buck is headquartered in Honolulu. We are a forward-thinking wealth management firm that is seeking an experienced Associate Tax Preparer to join our expanding team! The applicant must have proven success providing both individuals and businesses with accounting guidance – including filing personal tax returns and business tax returns. Our ideal candidate preferably will have a CPA or EA, with experience in bookkeeping and payroll services. Ability to work autonomously but also thrive in a high teamwork, low drama corporate culture is a must. Candidate can be based in Oahu or Maui.
NOTE: Only people currently living in Hawaii will be considered for this role.
Salary / Benefits Package:
- $45,000 – $70,000/annual, Dependent on Experience
- Competitive benefits package including 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance. Eligibility to enroll in health savings account, flexible savings account, and more.
- Paid vacation (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Company parking allowance.
- Join our mission-driven company and partake in company profit sharing and 401k generous matching!
- Obtain and review tax information: financial records, income statements, and expenditures.
- Prepare personal and business tax returns.
- Ensure clients comply with state and federal tax regulations and help clients minimize their tax liabilities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Handle bookkeeping and payroll for small-to-medium sized businesses.
- Provide individuals and businesses with accounting advice to help guide financial decisions.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with valued clients and prospects.
- Experience in tax preparation, with a minimum of 1 or more full tax seasons.
- Must be knowledgeable and keep up to date with IRS and tax laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, tax preparation software and accounting systems (EX: Sage, UltraTax, QuickBooks, ADP).
- Bookkeeping or payroll experience preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- CPA or EA preferred, but not required.
- Candidate should be deadline driven, detail oriented, analytical, dependable, customer focused and able to work independently.
Interested? We would love to hear from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.