E.A. Buck is headquartered in Honolulu. We are a forward-thinking wealth management firm that is seeking an experienced Senior Tax Manager/Tax Supervisor to join our expanding team! The applicant must have proven success providing both individuals and businesses with accounting guidance – including filing personal tax returns and business tax returns and consulting with clients. Our ideal candidate preferably will have a CPA or EA, with experience in bookkeeping and payroll services, along with managing employees. Ability to work autonomously but also thrive in a high teamwork, low drama corporate culture is a must. Candidate can be based in Oahu, Maui, or Colorado.
NOTE: Only people currently living in Hawaii or Colorado will be considered for this role.
Salary / Benefits Package:
- $70,000 – $110,000/annual, Dependent on Experience
- Competitive benefits package including 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance. Eligibility to enroll in health savings account, flexible savings account, and more.
- Paid vacation (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Company parking allowance.
- Join our mission-driven company and partake in company profit sharing and 401k generous matching!
- Manage clientele experience. Provide tax planning and consulting to clients to help guide financial decisions.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with valued clients and prospects.
- Manages a large number a clients and client prospects as the company expands.
- Reviews, signs off on and file taxes prepared by associate’s work. Manages associate’s work.
- Presents tax returns to clients.
- Obtain and review tax information: financial records, income statements, and expenditures.
- Prepare personal and business tax returns.
- Ensure clients comply with state and federal tax regulations and minimize their tax liabilities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Handle bookkeeping and payroll for small-to-medium sized businesses.
- Experience in tax preparation, with a minimum of 3 or more full tax seasons.
- Advanced knowledge of individual and business tax laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, tax preparation software and accounting systems (EX: Sage, UltraTax, QuickBooks, ADP).
- Supervisory or management experience highly preferred.
- Bookkeeping or payroll experience preferred.
- CPA or EA.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Candidate should be self-driven, deadline driven, detail oriented, analytical, dependable, customer focused, flexible, proactive, responsive and able to work independently.
- Travel to office locations in Oahu or Maui required heavily during tax season or as needed.
Interested? We would love to hear from you! Please email your resume to email@example.com.